Summer In The City

This summer has just started and it's already been so much fun...and busy! Once I finally got out of school, the fun really began!

First up, my dad, Christopher Cordle, took us to a Muskegon Clippers game. One of my favorite sports is softball. I currently play for North Muskegon and I am a pitcher for my team.
Here I am pitching for the Norse All Stars
I love to watch baseball too. The Muskegon Clippers game was their home opener and the stands were packed.
My brothers and I at the Clippers Game - we had fun!  
Check out the Muskegon Clippers here: Muskegon Clippers

Insider Tip: Be sure to stop at the concession stand, they sell Big League Chew in a bunch of different flavors. I keep a pouch of it in my softball bag for when I pitch.

In the summer I also work at the Watermark as a Junior Event Planner. I have my own desk there and all day long I get to learn about creating events and making projects. I work alongside my stepmom, Sarah Sass and help her throughout the day.

Here I am at work. We were working with Melching and going through some demolition options for the Watermark.
Check out The Watermark Here: Watermark Center
Check out Melching Here: Melching Demolition

Insider Tip: Whenever you are at the Watermark be SURE to stop and see Brett and Jera over at Fatty Lumpkins and grab a sandwich. My favorite is ham, provolone and lettuce.

Eating my favorite Fatty's sandwich at work
Check out Fatty Lumpkins Here: Fatty Lumpkins

That weekend my dad and my step mom were attending the Muskegon Museum of Art Gala. They had the chance of getting dressed up for a great cause. The Muskegon Museum of Art is one of my favorite places to go. They always have interesting new shows and I love looking in the gift shop there.
Having a fun day of pampering. Hair by Kate Egeler
BUT the best part of my parent's attending the fundraiser is that I got to tag along with my step mom during the day and get my hair done by Kate Egeler at Salon Mia Bella and after that we got to see Emily Prow at Hairitage Day Spa to get some makeup for the gala.

Check out the Muskegon Museum of Art here: Muskegon Museum of Art
Check out Salon Mia Bella here: Salon Mia Bella
Check out Hairitage Day Spa here: Hairitage Salon and Day Spa

Insider Tips:
Be sure to bring your kids to Super Saturdays at the Muskegon Museum of Art. Check out their calendar for information. It's free admission and you get to make crafts and sometimes they even have movies! Insider tip for Salon Mia Bella - say "hi" to Veda Rooks - she is my stepsister and she works there at the front desk! Another tip - Hairitage Day Spa sells Aveda products. Be sure to pick up Hot Pepper lipstick it is Sarah's favorite color!

What is summer without a pool party? One of my friends had an end of the year pool party and it was so fun. When the pool party was over I was picked up by my dad and step mom. I got in the car with a wet bathing suit, but who cares? It is SUMMER! When we got home I dashed upstairs to change to go to a car show in Downtown Muskegon. It was called "Back to The Bricks" and it was full of cool old cars. We picked up my brothers from Boy Scouts and were on our way!
I was pretty exhausted but I got to see cool cars and pet a bunch of dogs so it was worth it. We walked through the show and it was really hot outside so we stopped at Pigeon Hill and grabbed Faygos.
After that we checked out the new little stores on Western Avenue. There was everything from a bakery to a dog store!

Sadly, my weekend adventures were over. We went home and hung out in our pergola, watched the stars and talked until it was time for us to go to bed. It was another perfect weekend in Muskegon!

Check out Back to Bricks Car Show Here: Back to the Bricks
Check out Pigeon Hill Here: Pigeon Hill Brewing
Check out the Downtown Shops Here: Western Market

Insider tip: Whenever there is a car show - go! Also behind the new little shops is a huge lot full of beach sand, volleyball nets, chairs, toys, hammocks and even a ping pong table!!!!!! It is so cool!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts